Title: Assistant Property Manager
Property: Colonial Grand at Lakewood Ranch
The Assistant Property Manager 280-439 works closely with the Property Manager in the daily operations and financial performance of a medium sized (280-439 unit) property. Some of the specific duties of the Assistant Property Manager include collecting rent from residents and other, ancillary income; posts, or records, the income in the Yardi system that transmits to the Corporate Office; may complete Statements of Deposit Activity (SODAs) and/or perform inspection of recently vacated apartments; handles rent collection problems and keeps files on each resident; assists the Property Manager to address and resolve internal and external issues of associates, residents, and vendors; leases apartments as needed and may oversee the work of other leasing personnel; assumes the duties of the Property Manager in case of the Property Manager’s absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with the Property Manager to effectively manage activities such as leasing, resident retention, concessions, and customer service.
• Collects rent from residents and posts it in the Yardi system.
• May complete the Statements of Deposit Activity (SODAs) for vacated apartment units in the Yardi system.
• May perform a physical inspection of recently vacated apartments.
• Contacts delinquent residents or sends late notices and eviction notices; follows proper procedure if rent is not received within a specified period of time.
• Sends out renewal notices.
• Performs leasing activities, including generating traffic, responding to telephone and internet inquiries, greeting prospective residents, touring prospective residents, qualifying prospects, and closing the sale by obtaining rental application and deposit.
• Assists the Property Manager in addressing and resolving internal and external issues of associates, residents, and vendors.
• May oversee the work of leasing and other office personnel.
• Assumes the duties of the Property Manager in case of the Property Manager’s absence.
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting practices
• Knowledge of property management business procedures
• Knowledge and compliance with community rental information and Federal, State and Local Fair Housing guidelines
• Ability to maintain an organized filing and schedule system
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to residents, co-workers, and vendors
• Good sales and customer service skills
• Ability to read, understand and explain resident ledgers
• Knowledge of, and ability to use Microsoft Office application software and Yardi
• Must have a valid driver’s license or access to immediate transportation to attend meetings, events, and daily activities.
• High school education and two years of experience in a customer service position where bookkeeping or financial responsibility is significant, or one year of experience in a property management position such as Leasing Consultant or Bookkeeper where customer service and financial accounting is used. Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. College coursework completed in the pursuit of a degree is also preferred.
• CAM or NALP certification.
• Yardi knowledge and experience.
This position requires you to complete the PeopleAnswers Assessment to be considered. You will be prompted to a website to complete it upon submission of your online application. Applications without an assessment will not be considered.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace